Wednesday, September 18, 2002

MODERN TRASH

What does Eric Fischl's statue, Tumbling Woman, say about the level of today's art? The general public has a pretty good gut feeling toward this kind of modern trash. I think that Suzanne Halpin, the spokeswoman for Rockefeller Center, should take a walk to the 630 Fifth Avenue and study the great statue, Atlas. For a great analysis, please read Harald Waage's post, How the Modern Intellectuals view Man.

Talking about art, do you know that they have started to clean Michelangelo Buonarroti's statue, David? I read about it in my local newspaper, but I can't find the news online. If you have more information, please let me know. Related: They have found a drawing by Michelangelo at the Design Museum Cooper-Hewitt in New York. (Please note, the article is in Swedish. If you find an article in English, please let me know.)

No comments:

Post a Comment