Sunday, April 23, 2006

CAFFE LATTE INDEX

I have to follow the Tall Latte Index, now when I am entering the coffee business. Starbucks has not opened its doors in Sweden yet, but it is probably only a matter of time. Sweden is #2 on the list of coffee consumption per capita. We have about 200 coffee bars in Gothenburg and the citizens spend circa SEK 400,000,000 per year. If I understand the index correctly, my initial price idea of SEK 25-30 for a cup of caffe latte, should be in the right price range. The "only" problem now, is the declining retail price in Sweden and the over valuation of the Euro against the Dollar. Please tell me the price of a cup of coffee at your local place. You could use The Economist's Big Mac index for the currency calculation.

Here is a new photo from Blue Chip Café.



My coffee supplier will soon give me a barista course on how to brew the Perfect Cup... [Editor's note: Ego is wearing a stylish Entrepreneur t-shirt from Solo Tees. Talking about t-shirts, I will set up a Blue Chip Café online shop in the near future.]

Related: My post, OPEN THREAD POST: 75 REASONS FOR BEING AN ENTREPRENEUR.

No comments:

Post a Comment