Tuesday, November 25, 2008

PRODUCTIVE MAGAZINE AND NOZBE

I need to follow Nozbe's 10 steps to productivity. First I have to clear my desk and "clear" my head. I will take some time this Thanksgiving weekend to go through paper stuff. I have promised myself to get a fresh start in 2009, cleaning out my email inbox, sort my papers by setting up the "right buckets" and then stick to a "getting things done" system. I got inspired by quickly browse through the first issue (November) of the Productive! Magazine.

I have to check if I could start to synchronize my mobile phone with my computer and then doing a test with a web-based productivity system called Nozbe and add it to the email program and Netvibes start page.

Nozbe

Mashable has compiled a list of 40 great resources for making lists.

I must say that I like "low tech" tools like my Field Notes memo book for taking notes. I wonder if it could be a good idea to get some kind of digital voice record (dictation machine) for my "notes to self" popping up. [Editor's comment: Have you used any mind mapping program?]



I have ordered the book, The Now Habit: A Strategic Program for Overcoming Procrastination and Enjoying Guilt-Free Play.

1 comment:

  1. Martin we are on the same page.

    Yesterday, I bought the Sony ICD-P620 so I could record ideas when I can't write at that moment. It fits nicely in my pocket.

    I need to play with it. One of the features I liked was uploading the data to the PC via a USB connection. It also claims compatibility with Dragon Naturally speaking to covert voice to text; however, my voice has been incompatible with that software in the past.

    Also, I bought a more comfortable desk chair to increase my productivity.

    ReplyDelete