Sunday, January 6, 2013

WEEKLY REVIEW 1

This year I will do my utmost to take time and do a weekly review of my worklife activities. I will start out with the first week to say that I must start to block out time for the weekly review.

What do think is the best time to do a weekly review? I have set the alarm on Saturday at 8 AM for a point in time for reflection and introspection. Maybe a morning during the weekend will be a good time for a weekly review?



Things to go through:


  • Scan through the appointments and notes in the Moleskine notebook that have been during the week. Go back a couple of weeks to see if I have missed something and browse ahead a couple of weeks in the calendar to see what is coming up in the near future.
  • Go through the Eisenhower matrix with do first things, scheduled activities, delegated stuff and things that I shouldn't do at all.
  • Scan through email messages in the inbox, archive old stuff, and do an Unroll.me session.
  • Read some pages in a productivity / time management book or e-book.


How would you conduct a weekly review?


6 comments:

  1. I good idea I just learned: do the weekly review on Wednesday. Weekends invite unwinding, but the weekly review is important, and one of the most commonly dropped balls in GTD.

    I like the "go for a walk" as part of this plan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peter: Thanks for your comment! Have you read David Allen's book, Making It All Work: Winning at the Game of Work and Business of Life?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Martin,
    Like the idea of the personal kanban the best. Looks like a very helpful productivity tool, and one I'll have to try. Thanks for sharing these tips with the BizSugar community!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Martin - I missed this when it came out on BizSugar. Glad to meet another David Allen and GTD fan. I might steal a couple of your ideas - your weekly review is very thorough. Thanks.

    Jenny
    www.freeagenteconomics.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny: Thanks for your comment! I am developing my own productivity system called F.I.X IT! Talk to you soon again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Heather (Administrator) for your comment! What do you like the most with the personal kanban tool?

    ReplyDelete